Search Engine Optimization i.e. SEO is nothing but the utilization of various techniques to make your website or your content visible in the topmost search results and drive user traffic on them. Whenever a user inputs something random in the search bar of the search engine then there are tens’ of pages available providing the information related to the user’s input but how many times do you browse till the last page? Never, right? That’s where the need for optimization rises.
Back in 1991 (August 6), when the first ever webpage went live created by Tim Berners-Lee then there weren’t millions of webpages available to show up the search results unlike now so there was no need of such implementation of optimization techniques. The scenario is completely different now from what it was back then. The search engine environment can be well understood as a class in which when the teacher asks a question then although many students might know the answer only the first one to answer quickly and correctly gets all praise. The user is the ‘Teacher’ who inputs some query on the search bar of search engine and the ones providing services related to that query are the students and only that service provider gets praised (traffic on their website and increased revenue) who answers first and is seen on top.
So what are the SEO techniques to attract better traffic on the website and how as a web designer or a content creator, one can make his/her work in people’s reach?
Here is a description of various types of SEO: -
1. White Hat SEO: - In simpler terms, it is just like driving your vehicle on the road and following all rules and regulations set by the regulating authority. In search engines (Google, Firefox, Edge, etc.) too, there are some rules to be followed and if you obey those rules to achieve higher website ranking then it falls under White hat SEO.
Although the results produced are not quick but one thing is for sure that they are long lasting and if you keep on producing quality content then with time, your website ranking definitely improves.
2. Black Hat SEO: - Black and White Hat SEO’s are exactly opposite to each other and Black Hat SEO is more about finding the loopholes in search engines and breaking through them to improve the website ranking and generate revenue. Google or any search engine employ best in class engineers and technicians, the system and policies get updated every now and then and the moment you are found not abiding by the rules of respective search engine then your website is blocked immediately.
Black hat SEO is just like jumping down from the top of a skyscraper; You will have a flight and feel like you are flying but the moment you hit the ground, you are done.
3. Grey Hat SEO: - It can be defined as a state which lies somewhere between the Black and White Hat SEO. It is like Getting the traffic driven on the website following the rules set by search engine and at the same time exploiting the rules for quicker results. Not all the rules can be defined by the search engine in one shot and that’s why they continuously update their systems but it doesn’t mean that if something is not written then it’s legal. Just use your wits to differentiate between ‘The right’ and ‘The Wrong’.
4. On-Page SEO: - Everything that you do on the main page of your website whether be it how the interface looks, what are the images used on the page, what is the quality and quantity of content and its writing style etc. falls in this category.
5. Off-Page SEO: - It is basically about linking the search with your website when the search is not actually about your website but it is somehow relevant to your content. For example, when you surf a website then you might have encountered a link to some other website providing almost similar content, this is what off-page SEO is all about.
To sum up, it is suggested to follow the instructions of the search engine and keep on producing and improving the quality of your work. After all, it’s you who can better decide whether you want the temporary success or want to make it permanent. Besides of SEO, an app of your business can help you make the readers your permanent consumers if it is well designed and attractive at the same time and shape my app is what can help you build an app from scratch even if you have nil experience in app designing so if you wish to learn something new then do visit them,