There are two things that can be done with stuff that you no longer need but can be useful to someone else and they are; either you can donate the stuff in the name of ‘charity’ or you can sell that to others in exchange of some penny, be it online or offline. The majority of us believe in getting something in return and so selling products online gives us the advantage of selling the product to a larger number of people. After all, when you sell your product online then the probability is always higher of it being sold compared to selling in your local territory.
Just like you, people around you are humans too and there a lot of us who have similar sorts of requirements and thus a product that is useful to you is useful to others too. Nowadays, everything ranging from Clothes to bikes and even pets is being sold online. We are talking about ‘pre-owned’ stuff here so let’s have a look at what needs to be done to sell such second-hand products online.
1. Medium Set-up: You need to have a medium or in other words an online portal where the sellers and buyers both can sell and buy stuff respectively as per their requirements. Tons of online portals provide this facility and it’s on you to select only the legit ones so you don’t find yourself stuck in some fraudulent activity later. Just finalize 2 or 3 such portals and read what they require from you to be able to sell the stuff on their portal.
2. Capture Product images: “The first impression is the last impression.”- We have heard this a ton of times and that’s actually true when it comes to selling pre-owned products online. All the portals demand product images from the seller so that buyers can have a look at what exactly the product looks like. Trust me it doesn’t matter whatever qualities or how ‘brand- new’ your product is people just won’t prefer buying it if it doesn’t look presentable. Leave people, even you won’t purchase something that doesn’t even look good and you can’t flaunt it outside.
3. Price Tag: Before deciding the final price that you want out of your product, analyze at what price other people are selling the stuff similar to the one that you own as it’s not only you who wants to get rid of used products and make some money out of it. Once you have analyzed others ads then decide a price accordingly and before posting the final price with images of the product, decide how much you want in your pocket and set price a little bit higher than that so that buyers too find it a good deal when you give them some discount.
4. Meet-Up: Once you start receiving messages from the people who seem interested and want to experience your product in person then set up a meeting with them and carry the product along with you. You have to be wise here too and firstly choose some public place and be alert all the time as frauds too, meet you like a normal buyer and the moment you lose your attention; they try to run with the product. Hand-over the product if the deal is cracked.
5. Review: Although it might not benefit you anymore for those who are working day and night to provide such services to the users, never forget to rate their portal or app or whatever it is. It will help other first time users like you were, to build trust on them and they too won’t be tricked with some fake portal.
It has become so easier now to sell your product online and anyone can do that with just a little bit of precautions. It depends on what you are offering to the buyers to make them buy your product. If you feel like you too can build such an app that might be beneficial to the society but don’t know how to proceed then ShapeMyApp can help you get rid of this hassle of developing mobile apps and that too with such ease so, get your app and get it built with them.