When you toss a coin, then it can get you either heads or tails the moment it touches the ground, the same as the case of searching a job online. There are a lot of opportunities out there online but it simply doesn’t mean that all the jobs posted online are legitimate and hence you have to be cautious while applying for such jobs. There are a lot of candidates out there who fall in the trap of scammers and get deceived leading them to lose a lot of money coming out straight from their pocket.
There are tons of online portals which provide a common platform to job seekers and employers and analyzing the legit ones out of them is what one job seeker should be careful of. Uploading your personal information at fake portals might lead you to the levels of frustration that you would never have experienced before. So, what is it that one should be careful of while applying for an online job and how can a candidate ace initial rounds, following are some points that will be really helpful;
- Resume: It should be clearly noted that you just do not need to mention your history in your resume, it is just a brief description of your personal as well as professional life and there is no need of boasting heavily and expecting the selection in the result. Even if you know a lot then too, you have to be specific while mentioning your details in the resume, never feed the employer so much that when he cross-questions you then you get stuck because that’s definitely going to lead you to rejection so be precise, be specific and ace the interview.
- Credible Sources: When applying for a job online, you immediately need to look for credible sources that you can rely upon. Mostly, all the tech giants post vacancies on their official website and they can be trusted. Apart from that, while applying at third-party portals, always look for their reviews and what companies are connected to them for recruitment purposes like AMCAT, e-Litmus, etc. Remember a simple rule, “never-ever should you pay a single penny in the name of the job”. No legit employer asks you for a rupee in return of the job.
- Application Fill-up: Some employers ask you two or three questions that you need to answer while filling online application form and writing the correct and to the point explanation that can convince employer that you are not some fake figure and can be given a chance then and only then, you will be called for further interview otherwise if you will write fake answers then for sure, you are not going to pass even the initial stage.
- Updating your profile: Many of the job seekers might not have observed this but updating your profile once or twice a month can lead your profile to appear in the upper rankings of employer’s search list and this can get you shortlisted for a job. Hence, first of all, you should have your profile updated if you have one and if not then get a profile built and start searching your dream jobs using filtering techniques.
- No-bad Words: Be it online or offline interview, you should never misbehave with the employer as it will not only lead you to an immediate termination but also you will face the consequences in the jobs that you will be applying in future as mostly employers possess strong connections in the market and your bad image in the market will never let you land a good job.
Shape My App is such an example of legit employer out there which not only helps you develop your skills but also they provide you the best in class app development services so getting an app designed now is nothing you should be feared of.