As per the recent surveys, the number of mobile phones will cross 5 billion by 2020. The data being followed, one can’t even imagine how many apps will be there by that time, serving people in their routine activities but how is an app designed? What are the steps taken care of while designing an app? We all have come across this thought at least once but we, being lazy bones, leave that idea behind and move on.
This time, don’t let that curiosity die and let’s have a look at major steps behind app designing process:
- Question yourself: The most basic yet most neglected and the very first step before diving into the world of app designing is to ‘question yourself’, it is all about questioning why do you want to make an app? What is the idea behind it? What resources will you need to design an app? There is no limit to questioning yourself, these questions help you know better what path to follow and what amount of effort will be needed to get the desired outcome.
- Setting up Functionalities: It means that you need to decide first that what are the tasks that you would like your app to perform once it gets designed completely. There is no such thing like ‘All-rounder’ in apps market so you too do not need to work on putting everything in one single app instead just set up 3 or 5 or maybe 7 tasks as per your interest but not too much and then proceed further.
- Designing User Interface: it is always a good idea to have the ideas jotted down using pen and paper, it applies to app designing too. You should draw a rough sketch of what actually you want your app to look like or what should be the locations of various interactive buttons on the screen. Once you are done doing that, next step is to decide the UI flow which means you should be able to analyze all the steps that a user can take while performing a task while being on your app and then you need to put all those scenarios in a flow diagram from start to end.
- Database Designing: Databases are used to store the input data and all the customer information’s are stored in databases so that the information can be easily accessed whenever requested and updated as per requirement thus without database designing, an app just can’t deliver what you are expecting.
- User-experience (UX): It is all about front end designing, the front end is the interface that a user interacts with. A UX designer conducts the research on users, designs wireframes as per them and finally tests the design. In short, it can be said that this entire UX designing process revolves around users of the app.
- Finding Solutions: Once you complete the above steps then you should be able to code your design or if there is a solution code available to your problem then how can you modify that code as per your demands is what you should be looking after. As a programmer, you should know function designing and its implementation.
- Testing and Debugging: Once you write the code then you should always test it before its implementation and errors should be eliminated as they might cause the app to crash later hence debugging and testing of the code should be done earlier.
These were the major steps behind the app designing process and anyone with sincere efforts can design an app. If you still feel like app designing is not your cup of tea, then we are here in the market to eliminate all the above mentioned tiresome tasks and still get the app gets designed so check us out and get your app built in just 5 minutes.